Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Spectrier's Song [Closed]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 3:18:41 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

There was a small shudder that came from Rowan as he advanced up the trail of Mount Pyre, having a plethora of strange experiences on this gravesite over the last couple of weeks to make him weary of the entire concept in general. At the very least, it was nice to keep Howitzer company while Adrian was away, doing whatever it was that they were preoccupied with currently. “Hey, i’m here again.” Rowan knelt down at the grave of the Arcanine, placing a series of flowers on the dirt above her resting place. “How have you been?” Out of the corner of his eye, he caught a glimmer of something strange from where he’d planted the carrot seeds, moving around the gravestone to bear witness to the culmination of his growing efforts in the form of these strange vegetables.

“Weird.” Rowan reached out and grabbed one of the purple carrots, plucking one from the plant from which it was born to look it over. “Can you even eat this?” Despite talking to himself, Rowan couldn’t help but feel that he wasn’t alone, as though he was being watched by someone or something. “Hello?” He turned, looking around to see if there was indeed anything skulking around through the darkness.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 4:15:03 GMT
shiv Avatar

MT. PYRE

TAMING THE HORSE

UPON RETURNING TO MT. PYRE, the same unnerving feeling of being watched returns. on this eerie mountain, your footsteps seemingly disappear in the mist that endlessly billows out from the earth. oddly enough, the time of day is obscured: it seems like you're in eternal night. this has never happened before and as you struggle to find a rational explanation for this phenomena, you instinctively hush yourself. a horse-like pokemon neighs in the distance. wreathed in spectral mists, a black equine pokemon hovers in midst the fog.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

however, the horse seems to notice you. it advances close. the clopping of hooves is muted— or rather, it sounds like an ominous breeze surging in like a tide. suddenly, it disappears in the dense haze before reappearing behind you like a phantom.

SPECTRIER ASKS FOR:

OFFER THE WILD HORSE WHAT THEY SEEK

write a post that has your trainer offering the carrot to the spectrier and then post in MODERATION REQUESTS. after they have been given the carrot, the horse will promptly fade away.

should your trainer come the next day, they will find the spectrier on mt. pyre once more. will post a new prompt, detailing what the spectrier wants (hopefully, once per day). each request fulfilled by your trainer will steadily tame the spectrier.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2021 2:06:45 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

An usual sound caught his attention first, the origin of which appeared in the spectral form of this unknown Pokemon. It observed Rowan silently from a short distance, as though it was judging his worth for some task yet to be given. “H-hello…” Rowan’s words faltered, not realizing that he’d inadvertently summoned this legendary creature to the peak of Mount Pyre on this night. It didn’t give a response, disappearing into the dense fog before reappearing behind him, as silent of an approach as before.

Reeling around, Rowan lost his balance and collapsed backwards onto the damp soil, wordlessly gaping up at the Pokemon. Amber eyes locked with the deadened gaze of this wild horse, searching for an answer that wouldn’t be reciprocated. There was a moment before realization struck him, glancing down to the hand that was still grasping the ripened Shaderoot Carrot. “Is this...what you want?” Rowan pushed his hand forward despite the instinct to run, proposing an offering to the Pokemon in which it seemed pleased to receive. Within the blink of an eye the phantom was gone, satisfied with this interaction and leaving Rowan to wonder if he should return again.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2021 3:19:09 GMT
shiv Avatar

MT. PYRE

TAMING THE HORSE

THE NEXT NIGHT, you don't spot the horse; however, it does find you. reappearing some distance away, it remains still: an eerie image in the mist. like spectral scarves, the mountain's ominous fog passes through where the horse's pasterns should be.

♥ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

upon closer, quiet inspection, the horse seems hesitant. without the shaderoot carrots— you do not possess the same gravity you once did; however, the horse approaches still, sensing your benevolent motives.

SPECTRIER ASKS FOR:

write a post that has your trainer offering any two week berry to the glastrier and then post in MODERATION REQUESTS. after they have been given the berry, the horse will promptly flash away.

you do not need to have the berry grow in your garden. you can simply purchase it from the SITE SHOP.

should your trainer come the next day, they will find the spectrier on mt. pyre once more. will post a new prompt, detailing what the spectrier wants (hopefully, once per day). each request fulfilled by your trainer will steadily tame the spectrier.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2021 5:41:53 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Another day passed and Rowan couldn’t get his mind off the Pokémon that he’d seen the night before, fixated on the majesty of their phantasmal form. “I’m back.” Rowan called out with trepidation into the chilled evening air, hoping to catch the attention of Spectier once more. “Are you still here?” It wasn’t long before his question was answered, noticing the familiar sound of an eerie approach from behind.

“Hey there.” Rowan was already feeling less afraid of the Pokémon, interested in learning more about it and why they had chosen this place. “I brought you something.” A hand reached into the bag on his side, pulling free the Grepa Berry he’d brought along for the journey. “Figured you’d want to try something sweeter.” Spectrier moved forward and gave the berry a cursory sniff before accepting the food into its mouth, chewing for a moment before letting out a pleased ghostly whinny.

He couldn’t help but feel their connection was growing.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2021 5:58:18 GMT
shiv Avatar

MT. PYRE

TAMING THE HORSE

UPON RETURNING TO MT. PYRE, the spectral horse awaits. its wavy mane seems quite tangled, knotted at its mauve ends. still, the sight of the pokemon is breathtaking. around you, the mist eddies and swirls like spirits escaping the consecrated ground.

♥ ♥ ♡ ♡ ♡

upon closer, quiet inspection, the horse seems hesitant. without the shaderoot carrots— you do not possess the same gravity you once did; however, the horse approaches still, sensing your benevolent motives.

SPECTRIER ASKS FOR:

write a post that has your trainer's pokemon using the move, SHADOW CLAW, to "comb" through the spectrier's mane. after, post in MODERATION REQUESTS. after they have been groomed, the horse will promptly fade away.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON May 1, 2021 3:08:03 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Once more Rowan found himself standing among the graves of Mount Pyre, bundling the fabric of his coat around him further to protect from the cold. “I’m here again.” He called out as he walked between the memorial stones, not feeling any more comfortable than he did the first night about seeking out this enigmatic Pokemon. “I was hoping we could meet, again.” There was a part of Rowan that felt strange asking the specter to appear before him, as though he was begging for the attention of a superior being.

Despite any misgivings he may have had, the familiar sounds of phantasmal hoof prints clopped their way through the pathway once more. “Hey there.” Rowan commented with a small smile, hoping to show the creature that he did indeed have good intentions for being here. “I brought someone with me today, I was hoping you two would get along.” Floating alongside Rowan was the Shedinja that he’d borrowed from Adrian, hovering in place silently while it awaited command.

“Thought you might want your mane brushed.” A small hand gesture was enough for the Shedinja to move forward, approaching their fellow ghost-type with indifference. An application of Shadow Claw would be enough to soften their tangled mane, bring rule to the unruly nature of this equine Pokemon before they disappeared once more into the night. “I’ll be back tomorrow.”

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON May 1, 2021 5:25:04 GMT
shiv Avatar

MT. PYRE

TAMING THE HORSE

THE NEXT NIGHT, you see the horse— but it seems different in appearance from afar. getting close, you see that the spectrier's own wisps has become entangled with what appears to be a renegade soul.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♡ ♡

when the spectrier sees you again, they seem hesitant. without the shaderoot carrots— you do not possess the same gravity you once did; however, the horse approaches still, sensing your benevolent motives. the spectrier must be freed of this spirit, for it seems to bother the horse like a clinging burr. perhaps, there is a pokemon that is an expert at sucking souls...

SPECTRIER ASKS FOR:

write a post that uses ONE SHEDINJA and a Pokemon using the move, VACUUM WAVE, to suck the soul away! after, post in MODERATION REQUESTS. after they have been cleaned, the horse will promptly fade away.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON May 3, 2021 0:17:18 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Thanks for coming again, Shedinja.” Rowan commented to the borrowed Pokemon as he finished climbing the ascent to the peak of Mount Pyre once more, greeted with the usual brisk breeze and ominous moon light. “Are you here?” He called out towards the phantasm as he usually did, knowing that the Pokemon didn’t have a tendency to appear until they were directly addressed. Sure enough, the familiar form strode into view before long, though without their usual regal gait. “Is everything okay?”

Upon closer inspection, Rowan could see what troubled this Spectrier. An errant spirit clung to them with unknown intent, weighing the mighty beast down with the burden of its transport. “Don’t worry, we’ll take care of it.” Grabbing onto one of his own Pokeballs, Rowan unleashed the Hitmonchan that was contained within. “Use Vacuum Wave, get that thing off them.” Hitmonchan readied their fist, rearing back and whirling his arm before sending the Vacuum Wave forward towards Spectrier.

Shedinja moved forward with knowing intent as the soul was pulled free from Spectrier, turning their back to the spirit so that the breach in its shell was visible. Almost instantly was the soul pulled into the Pokemon, sealed away in the unknown cavern that was Shedinja. With the deed done, Spectrier sauntered off after giving a look of approval, leaving Rowan to once again desire coming back another night.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON May 3, 2021 2:26:25 GMT
shiv Avatar

MT. PYRE

TAMING THE HORSE

THE NEXT NIGHT, you see the horse. the spectrier does not seem hesitant at all this time. instead, the horse appears to have been waiting for you, as if they were in tune with your rhythms. your schedule.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♡

when you approach, the spectrier kicks you. hard. you fall to the cold, hard ground; however, when you lift yourself up, you find yourself peering down at your own limp body. you're not dead— however, your soul seems to have been separated from your physical form nevertheless. in this odd, spectral realm, the horse grants you a test. in its mouth, a narrow wisp of spirit acts as reins.

asking you to mount its black back, the spectrier intends on testing your mettle. this ghostly world is disorienting. nauseating. however, it intends on galloping through the steep mountain's rugged terrain to see if you can hang on for dear "life."

TAME THE HORSE:

REIN IT IN!

WITH EVERY POST, make a ROLL. you must hit or surpass a total of 100 to successfully hang on to the spectrier; furthermore, the horse is examining your ability to ride it!

will post the conclusion to this encounter after you have posted in MODERATION REQUESTS,

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON May 3, 2021 3:04:58 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Uneasy anticipation welled up within Rowan as he climbed towards the summit of Mount Pyre this night, feeling as though the trust between himself and the phantom equine had reached some sort of apex. For the first time since he’d started coming here, Spectrier was already waiting for him among the gravestones, without being called to appear. “Hello, again.” Rowan offered a small smile towards the Pokemon, taking a few steps forward to reach out and pet the creature before he received a solid kick to the chest from their hind legs. Air escaped his lungs and the entire world turned black as he fell backwards onto the ground, immediately falling unconscious.

When Rowan awoke, the world seemed vastly different. The terrain was covered in a mist that wasn’t present before and what had originally been brilliant colors were now washed out with shades of gray. “What happened?” Rowan then spotted his body laying on the ground below, immediately feeling a panic that he’d been killed by the Pokemon. “Arceus!” Spectrier was standing nearby, providing a familiar calming presence despite these new and confusing surroundings. There wasn’t a word spoken, but Rowan suddenly understood that this was a temporary state of existence, brought on as some kind of test.

“You want me to…” Rowan approached the Pokemon cautiously, climbing aboard their back and letting his hands gently grip onto the wispy mane, surprised to find how cold they felt to the touch. “Okay now wh-...” Spectrier took off running without hesitation, galloping through the steep mountain passes and gliding over rocky terrain as though they were non-existent. Rowan struggled to keep ahold of the equine, still feeling disoriented from the initial arrival to this spirit plane, but he wouldn’t give up. The opportunity to prove himself to Spectrier was here, and he was going show the legend that he was worthy of this challenge.

bBrCs8vq

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON May 3, 2021 3:23:13 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Rowan was surprised how seamlessly he’d been able to remain atop the Pokemon despite his initial reservations. Riding Spectrier felt strangely natural, almost as though he’d been meant to do so his entire life. “Gotta say, this is easily among the top three coolest moments of my life.” He said with a smile towards the legend as they galloped through the vast and treacherous landscape of Mount Pyre, striding effortlessly as one single being. Who knew that when he planted these seeds aside Howitzer’s grave, it would lead to something so incredible as this?

Ahead there was a breach in the mountain pass where a storm or rockfall had washed out a portion of the ledge they’d been galloping along. “We going to jump that?” This seemed to be a literal leap of faith, the final push to see if Rowan could be trusted and if he placed his trust in Spectrier. “Lets go.” Digging his thighs into the sides of the mighty legend, they took off running once more, steadily gaining speed until they could bound into the air. Rowan felt the air rush through his hair, letting out a laugh of excitement as for a moment in time they flew through the open air.

Landing on the other side, Rowan let out a sigh of relief, still exhilarated by the experience. “So, what's the verdict?”

OG1mbpA8

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON May 3, 2021 3:36:16 GMT
shiv Avatar

MT. PYRE

TAMING THE HORSE

AS YOU RIDE AROUND THE MOUNTAIN, you feel your spirit becoming one with the spectrier despite the discombobulation of being forced out of your physical form. the odd phantom pains—ones that are associated with novice riders—begin to fade too. there is no discomfort now. only unity.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

the spectrier finally stops. satisfied with its rider, the horse gallops back to your body. with a quiet whinny, the horse allows you to slide off its back. as soon as your feet hit the floor, you feel yourself being pulled back to your body. one blink and you're back. before you, the spectrier remains, awaiting to be caught.

CONGRATULATIONS!

YOU TAMED THE HORSE!

THE SPECTRIER is now able to be caught with one of your pokeballs. you may decide their moveset like a gachapon pokemon (e.g. 6 learnset moves) and add them to your PCs.

feel free to post once more or post in MODERATION REQUESTS for archival.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON May 3, 2021 3:36:35 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: